Senior PHP Developer
Tyroola is an online tyre marketplace connecting manufacturers and wholesalers with independent fitters and consumers.
We are a fast growing start-up in the "Scale Up" Stage, operating from Sydney and the Sunshine Coast.
About The Role.
You will be supporting the IT team, development, and maintenance of the application's frontend, backend and order processing engine (our so called “State Machine”).
The main focus will be the development of our e-commerce framework, which includes a highly extensible and scalable system, spread over several cloud based servers.
We implement designs under the clean code principle and make use of all the tools out there helping, measuring and tracking to improve the code quality.
Your PHP expertise is on a senior level and we expect you to be a team player solving problems in an agile and creative way.
Our system is built from scratch to meet the business requirements without compromises, so you should have demonstrable experience in modern frameworks like Phalcon, Symfony or Yii.
As we make use of the newest technologies where possible, we also work with external libraries to not reinvent the wheel. That given, the knowledge of Composer or the concept behind is a requirement for you.
List of things we work with and you should not be a newbie in:
- You’re keen to do TDD and BDD (e.g. PHPUnit, Codeception)
- You’re familiar with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- You can design and implement RESTFull APIs
- You’re using any virtualizer (e.g. virtual box with vagrant) and work with preproduction environments as well
- You’re able to work and configure a LAMP stack and know the pitfalls
- You’ve extensive knowledge with key value storage systems like Redis or memcached, worked with no-sql databases like MongoDB or CouchDB and have professional experience with RDMS systems like PostgreSQL and MySQL
About Our Offer.
Relaxed environment, working with a small team of dedicated, passionate individuals.
Surfing while lunch time, as our office is directly at the beach!
A chance to directly influence the business with our flat hierarchy.
Competitive payment! Visa can be arranged!
If you are interested in this position, or want to discuss it further, send us a brief cover letter, along with your CV, salary expectations and any other supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org.